Thurston Law Offices was founded by Robert C. Thurston, an attorney with over 30 years of legal experience who is dedicated and passionate about the law and helping people. Our philosophy is to make access to legal services as simple and affordable as possible.
Rob has practiced in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Illinois and been admitted as special counsel in many other states. He worked for several large firms as well as a major insurance company before beginning his own practice in 2005. He has appeared before both federal and state courts in jurisdictions all over the U.S.
Ohio State University College of Law
University of Michigan
Admitted to practice law:
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, 3rd Circuit
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (Retired)
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California (Inactive)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado (Inactive)
- New Jersey
- Pennsylvania (Inactive)
- Illinois (Retired)
- Lead trial counsel in victory for farmer client saving him over $400,000 in falsely accused futures options trades case in Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. v. Siegel, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, June 2007
- 2007 Pro Bono Attorney of the Year awarded by Prairie State Legal Services and the McHenry County Bar Association (IL)
- Author of numerous publications, including SchoolKidsLawyer’s Step-By-Step Guide to Special Education Law – 2d Edition and “The Solo Lawyer’s Dilemma: Doing It All without Staff,” in Effectively Staffing Your Law Firm, 2nd Edition. See the full list and courses taught.
- Taught law courses at Rowan College Burlington County, McHenry County College (IL) and Harper College (IL)